Catholic Church in Ledbury
There were some Catholic missions in the area in the late 19th century, but the first temporary chapel (St Thomas) opened in 1903 with Fr Begley as the first Parish Priest.
The Church was built in the Southend in 1926 and renamed The Most Holy Trinity. The crucifix in Burma Teak was originally at this Church, but is now outside the present church. The Church was handy for the prisoner of war camp at Mabels Furlong and Confessions were heard in Italian at that time. This site is now occupied by Southend Mews.
Major fundraising by the Parishioners, including the first Christmas Bazaar in 1953, raised money for the present church. This was dedicated in June 1976.
Fund raising activities included the Christmas Bazaar and Garden fetes.
The stained glass windows above the altar celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Church.
The Parish Room (Hall) opened in 1992 and is now well used by the Parish and local classes and groups.
The French Stained glass window inside the Church was finally installed in November 2003.
The Presbytery was converted into a flat and Parish Centre in 2008
The Icon of the Hospitality of Abraham was written by Fr Dyfrig Harris OSB in 2007
The font was made by a local blacksmith Dave Preston and we have a new icon of St John Paul II
In Autumn 2011 the Church was reroofed, a skylight created in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel and new lighting installed; internal redecoration included plastering behind the tabernacle and Sacred Heart Statue. The Holy Trinity symbol on the ceiling was painted by a local artist Moth. The beautiful carved lectern was donated in 2012.